Saturday, July 29, 2006

Took for granted

Everyday in my life, I’ve taken things for granted. I’m one who likes to look to the future. I’m never contented with what I have at present. I always dream of becoming ‘someone’ one day. I always tell myself that “I want this, I want that” and how I can achieve this and that. But I’ve never stop to smell the roses along the way.

There are things you hold dearly close to your heart. You know those things are irreplaceable. Nothing in the world can make up for it when you lose it. Especially your family. Yet, you never show your appreciation to them. You take those things for granted because it’s assumed to be there for you whenever you need them. Until one day, you realize you are on the verge of losing it. Then, you start to realize how important it means to you.

Only when you lose something precious, you’ll start to cherish so many things more. You’ll start to feel how many things you possessed. And how lucky you are.

Love them while you can. They love you and don’t you think you should too?

Start looking around you. Although you may lament at times why in the world are those bad things happening to you, pause for a while and think. Think instead why in the world you have what you possessed now that others do not possess.

No comments: