I’ve said this before in my last blog and I’m gonna say it again. I am just one lucky lass to be able to sit in front of this monitor and type my feelings down without much trouble or effort for my friends to see. Why on earth am I so lucky?
A couple minutes ago, as I was browsing the variety of news in the star online, I observed that there are so many things whirling around us in our everyday lives. There is the problem of a particular student having to study and yet work part-time to earn RM15 daily in order to achieve his dream to become a scientist. And there are the usual stuff that our beloved Pak Lah has to say on how to improve the conditions of our country. But amongst the news, the kind that caught my attention was the news of cancer. I have read at least two cases of the death of cancer patients namely Puan Sri Rosaline (the wife of Tan Sri Francis Yeoh) and an ordinary man named “Hee Boon” (who started his own blog to tell what he went through after being diagnosed). Both had very different lives yet suffered the same plight. However, I believe at the time they passed away, both realized one same thing i.e. the true meaning of life.
Life is too short to be sad about minor things that really don’t matter. The question is, are you doing what you really wish to do in your life? As for a cancer patient such as Hee Boon, he has a lot of things that he wishes to do in her life, but had been restricted because of his illness. Even typing a few sentences in his blog was an arduous task for him. But did he give up and just wallow in self-pity? No. That is life. No matter what comes in your direction, you just have to stand upright and face it bravely. There’s no u-turn for you. It may not be easy, but you will live with no regrets, having known that you have at least tried walking that path, courageously. When everything else fails, you must not, at the very least, fail yourself.
If you start counting your blessings daily, you will have no time to remember your misfortunes. Maybe someone close to you will be willing to engage in the counting game together with you? It will be a most happy game for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment